Digital tools offer a variety of opportunities for maximizing research communications. These can be utilized to reach a wider audience for your recent publications, to optimize visibility and perception of your online presence or to engage and network with scientists in your own or a related discipline, to mention a few. This course will highlight and discuss some of the benefits of the digital era for the advancement of Science and what aspects to be aware of.
- Using Social Media Channels like Facebook, Twitter & Co. in a Research Context
- Social Networks designed for Scientists
- Science Blog Writing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Develop your own Digital Strategy
- Privacy and Security Settings
- How to protect Intellectual Property in the Digital Age
- Open Science & Open Access
- Digital Publishing & Peer Review
Our courses are geared towards adult learning and use participatory approaches. The trainer encourages participants to add their experience and knowledge to the course content. Topics covered are backed by real examples and relate to the participants’ field of research.
Before the course, participants can submit specific questions and their own presentation examples by email. The course content will be adjusted to the specific needs and requirements of the participants.
Participants are handed out reading material to be discussed during the course as well as a course summary with their achievements.
Course duration: 2 consecutive days (9am – 5pm)
Number of participants: 8-12
Trainer: Dr. Jo Havemann
Contact us for a custom proposal
The course can be aligned to your requirements regarding duration, form and content.